This Privacy Notice is implemented in compliance with the DIFC Law No. 05 of 2020 for Data Protection and Regulation and the UAE Federal Decree Law No. 45 of 2021 regarding the Protection of Personal Data (PDPD Law) and the UAE Federal Decree Law Lo. 44 of 2021 Creation of the UAE Data Office established the Data Protection Office. For the purposes of applicable data protection law, ProConsult Advocates & Legal Consultants will be designated as a “Data Controller” since data submitted to us will be controlled by the Firm.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may gather personal information from you during our course of business.
1. when you reach out to us or extract information from us,
2. when you direct us for availing the provision of legal services,
3. when you use our website (or other platforms).
The types of personal information that we collect and process includes:
· Basic details, such as your name, address, other contact details ( e.g email address and contact numbers) role/title, employer/s, gender, marital status, family details including their relationship to you.
· Identification information to enable us to check and verify your identity such as your passport details , and information collected from publicly available resources to verify the same;
· Case related Information on which you are seeking our legal services;
· Bank account or payment card details, income or other financial information, if relevant to our engagement with you;
· Credit history, credit score and information received from various anti-fraud and sanctions databases related to you
· Technical information (including your location, IP address, and browser details) such as information from your visits to our social media websites (e.g how you navigate our website, the device used to access the website), or in relation to marketing or promotional emails we send to you;
· Information pertaining to your visits to our offices for the purpose of meetings and events, including appointment details (e.g. time, location, participants), CCTV images and other photographic or video images;
· Any other information which you may provide to us.
The reasons we may collect your personal information:
a. To keep up the dynamic nature of the business where intake, on-boarding of clients and client maintenance activities are to be performed and legal services are to be provided.
b. Employment purposes
c. Establishing a corporate relation with us on behalf of your employer or yourself.
d. When we are acting on a matter where you or your employer are a party to the same;
e. Your usage of our website, or use any of our online services;
f. Interact with us relating to marketing communications or events;
We are obliged to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. Please help us to do this by advising us of any changes to your personal information. The information you provide may be private confidential, and we shall resort to all measures to maintain such confidentiality and protect your information in adhering to our professional obligations and applicable law
Consistent with our professional commitments, it has forever been our policy to practice utmost discretion regarding the data our clients entrust to us.
The information you provide may be confidential, and we are bound to guard such confidentiality and protect your data in accordance with our professional obligations and applicable law. We have arrangements in place with personnel and service providers who may process your personal information, to ensure that confidentiality of your personal information, including that provided by a visitor to this website and provided while using our internet services is maintained.
Whether we receive your personal information directly from you or from a third party, we will only use your personal information if we have obtained your consent, or if we have another lawful basis upon which to do so
The purposes for which we process your personal information, shall include but not be limited to, as follows:
a. Responding to your requests and enquiries
b. Providing legal services to you;
c. Communicating with you in respect of legal developments and the promotion of our legal services;
d. Carrying out various kinds of contracts
e. Managing our business relationship with you (or your organization)
f. Complying with our legal obligations, including with respect to legal and regulatory considerations (e.g. anti-money laundering and sanctions checks, audits, enquiries by regulatory authorities);
g. Managing and securing access to our premises and information technology systems, and monitoring the technology side of our operations;
h. Keeping your contact details accurate and current using information provided by you, or information publicly available;
i. For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the aforementioned for which your personal data is collected by us.
Cookies are text files with small pieces of data that are sent to a computer’s hard drive by a web server, enabling a website to remember who you are. Information from cookies may include information relating to your use of our websites, information about your computer (such as IP address and browser type), and demographic data. We use these these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
6. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to a third party
(i) for one or more of the aforementioned purposes;
(ii) to confirm or update information provided by you;
(iii) to inform you of events, information about our services, and other important information, or
(iv) for other purposes disclosed at or before the time the information is collected.
In relation to any other disclosures to any third parties, where you have consented, where we are required to provide so by law, or where it is vital and important for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceeding or in order to exercise or defend legal rights. We are bound to not sell, rent, distribute, or otherwise make, personal information commercially available to any third party.
In the event if the business re-organizes or if our business undergoes an change in type, we shall be required to transfer your personal information to other group entities or to third parties.
7. INFORMATION RETENTION POLICY
We do not keep your personal information indefinitely.
In the course of carrying out various business activities, we collect information from a wide range of sources and generate a substantial volume of data that is retained as physical paper and/or electronic records. We have built appropriate systems and processes in place for preserving and timely disposing the documents and records in line with business requirements and relevant legislation. We will retain your personal data for a period required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, unless we mutually agree on a longer retention period or such a retention is required or permitted by law.
We value your trust in providing us with your personal information, thus we monitor and review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, to prevent unauthorized access to systems. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy notice at any time without advance notice. Please check back to this Privacy Notice from time to time to stay informed and updated.
10. CONTACT DETAILS